Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Conquering Procrastination...One Step at a Time

Procrastination is such a wicked thing!  One minute you think it's your friend, as it lulls you into a 'take-time-for-yourself-you-deserve-to-do-(whatever it is you would rather do)' mindset.  Then it becomes the backstabbing friend named, Itoldyoutogetitdone. 

I have been trying, albeit only in my mind, to find this blog for at least a year.   I put off the making the necessary changes for the email account it was attached to, when my job decided to use gmail for its company email.

There have been so many times when a subject would cross my mind and I thought, 'I'd love to write about that.  I could use my blog....'.  Then reality would set in and procrastination would wave its flags:  'You know you have to find that temporary email address and then try to log in.  You remember what happened the last time you tried that.  You never made it.  You don't have time to mess around with that.  You could be doing something else."  And so on. And so on. 

I have just spent an hour and half to finally arrive at this spot.  Writing in my blog again :)

Yes, it was worth it!  Ah, let me see what else I can conquer today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment